Monday, March 3, 2008

Car Wash

Liddy has never liked the car wash. It's been one of her big fears. I'm not sure how it started, but getting a car wash has always been a huge task. Usually we unstrap her and let her sit up front on my lap (passenger seat). She would still cry, but at least I could comfort her. Once, grandma thought it would be fun to take Liddy to the car wash. She learned very quickly it was not such a fun idea.

So, a few weeks ago, I really wanted to wash my car. I was alone with the girls, but dreams of a shiny car were too hard to resist. I gave Liddy a pep talk, and promised to hold her hand. In the end, it wasn't so bad. I thought, ok, we are turning a new leaf. So, last weekend, we tried again with daddy. She did great! Then, the icing on the cake...today, as we are driving, Liddy informs me that her window is dirty. I mention we can get the Windex when we get home (one of her many obsessions). "No", she says. "There's a car wash right over there", and points to Mike's car wash. Now, she is begging me to take to through the car wash! Amazing how quickly things change!

No comments: