Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kid Concoctions

Apparently there is this book called Kid Concoctions that has tons of cool "recipes" of things you can make at home with your kids. I had a handout from a friend and we experimented with GAK:

Solution A:
1 c. white school glue
1 c. water
food coloring

Mix together

Solution B:
1 1/3 c. warm water
4 tsp. Borax laundry booster

Poor Solution A into B. Drain excess water.

This stuff was a hit a with Liddy. It's comparble to slime, but it's more a solid than a liquid.

So, while I was on a roll we make homemade playdough. I found a recipe for a good kind that has cream of tarter and heats on the stove. Two thumbs up on that too.

Maybe this was an obvious thing to do at home, but I guess I never thought of it. It definately make our day brighter...and everyone happier. I went ahead and bought the book on Amazon. I think with shipping I spent a whopping $5!
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Book-Kid-Concoctions-Wacky/dp/0966108809/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228350645&sr=8-1

No comments: