Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baked Oatmeal Goodness

My friend who lives in Pennsylvania Dutch country shared this recipe with me. I'm not sure who is responsible for such a fabulous concoction, but I highly recommend it. I'm not usually an oatmeal fan, but this baked oatmeal (think cake texture) is a hit at our house. It's now my go-to breakfast dish for us and pitch-in breakfasts. I thought I'd share!

Baked Oatmeal


1 1/2 c. brown sugar 
1 1/4 c. oil
5 eggs, beaten
7 1/2 c. oatmeal
5 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. cinnamon (adjust to taste)
Cream together sugar, oil, and eggs. Add oatmeal, baking powder, salt, milk, and cinnamon. Put in 9 x 13 inch greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I suppose applesauce and honey *could* be substituted for a healthier alternative, but have yet to try.

No comments: