Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I am the Warrior Princess, hear me roar!

This past weekend I competed in my first organized race - the Warrior Dash! It's basically a 5k with crazy obstacles throughout the course. Running with me this year were my friends Heather & Chrissy. I half attempted a warrior camo costume with a mere pink camo hat and wristband. However,  after seeing the costume possibilities, we'll be amping up our attire for next year. And yes, there will be a next year! 

Although I (kind of) trained for the running portion, I neglected to think of the steep trails that were involved. The only bonus to the terrain was using ropes to climb and scale down the embankments. Running on pavement is a piece of cake compared to those hills! Despite the rough terrain, it was a fun challenge!  We had a total of eleven obstacles. Here's a few of my favorites...













Afterwards, we cleaned off in the lake like hillbillies, drank beer and ate turkey legs! 






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job! Looks like fun! Maybe...just maybe I'll have to join you next year :)

tagnrocky said...

Next up, Survivor!