Monday, November 7, 2011

From Monsters to Monster Cookies

All I see lately is this....
And this....
Time to put an end to the Halloween candy! But before chucking it all in the garage, I had Liddy sort out the good stuff, M&M's, Kit Kats & Snickers, to add to our Monster Cookies.

Disclaimer: the wrappers above were from this experiment, not that I let my kids eat uncontrollable amounts of chocolate :)
I asked Miss Organization to unwrap the candy,
but I also got sorted by type.

This colorful concoction of dough
 can't keep those 3 year fingers away! 
Anything with oatmeal AND peanut butter
 is my favorite! Yum!

Monster Cookies

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon corn syrup
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (be prepared to surrender almost an entire jar of PB!)
  • 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1-2 cups of candy pieces (I ended up using M&M's and chopped up Kit Kats)

Beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients in order shown. Bake at 350 for 14 minutes. Make generous portions so they stay soft. 

Share with anyone that comes over - and celebrate the end of the Halloween candy in your house!

No comments: