Friday, January 18, 2013

Pinterest Yummies

Inspired by Pinterest, I had a cooking day! Everything turned out good, with some lessons for improvement.

Blackberry Fruit Snacks
I should have thought about the seeds in blackberries being an issue. Although I thought they were good, the kids weren't fans of the finished product with seeds. I will try again with blueberries....maybe experiment with other "smooth" fruits. It might also work to strain the juices. To be revisited later....


Chili Relleno Casserole

One of my favorite dishes made into a casserole! Wasn't as great as the real thing, but still satisfying. I think fresh chilis would make a difference. I also tweeked the recipe using fat free Cheddar since we are watching our calories. Balanced by the Pepper Jack, I thought it wasn't noticeable. However, be warned, this casserole with two pounds of cheese, can only eaten in small serving sizes. 

Half fat free, half regular cheese
to lessen the heart attack


Homemade Spanish Rice

I found this recipe on the same site at the Chili Relleno casserole. I've never made homemade Spanish Rice, but it was delicious! Moist and favorful....this recipe is a keeper! Plus, only one cup of rice made an entire skillet. Winner!


No comments: