|Look at the perfect Indiana shape! |
We visited all 92 counties in 19 months.
Yesterday we completed our family goal of geocaching in every 92 county in Indiana. We saw so many new places! It's surprising how different Indiana can be from one place to the next.
Looking back, I complied a list of my top favorite Indiana places -
1. Madison, Indiana - A beautiful river town with lots of history!
|Looking for a geocache outside of a Madison winery|
2. Nappanee & South Bend - We went during Nappanee's fall Apple Festival, then ventured up to Notre Dame's campus. It was a perfect time to visit!
|Near Notre Dame we visited the gravesite of |
Jeff's great, great, (maybe another great?) uncle.
3. The drive from Bloomington, French Lick & Holiday World - Oliver Winery's scenic property, West Baden Springs at French Lick, the Sisters of St. Benedict in Ferdinand and their monastery and topped off with camping at Camp Rudolph!
|The pond at Oliver Winery|
4. Indiana Dunes - The lakeshore and Indiana Dunes were a fun stop. We also collected some really cool flat lake rocks.
|Overlooking Lake Michigan from the Dunes|
6. Purdue University's campus - Because what alma mater doesn't like venturing on their old territory?!