Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our first baby, Hunter

In an effort to relax, I was looking through old scrapbooks today which leads me to my memories of our first baby...

Hunter was our first puppy that we adopted when we were seniors in college. He was our baby. He went everywhere with us. He'd ride with Jeff to drop me off. He had fraternity brother babysitters that would use him to attract the girls. He knew all the tricks. He graduated puppy kindergarten. We investigated agility school. He had his photo taken with the Easter Bunny and Smokey the Bear, in addition to professional dog pictures. I actually saved a few of his baby teeth and taped them in a scrapbook. What was I thinking about this!?! He was our everything! Now, 7 years later...poor guy. He just mopes around and sleeps in the dog bed with an overstuffed animal in his mouth. Sometimes at night Liddy will come into our room and crash on his dog bed, thus moving him to the floor. His chin is getting gray. He has a fatty tumor on his side (an old age dog thing). Sigh...my (first) baby...

No comments: