Sunday, October 21, 2012

Purdue Half Marathon & 5K

A few months ago, I eagerly signed up for the Purdue Half Marathon. Running through campus & Lafayette was the ideal setting for my first half marathon. Unfortunately, once time came, I didn't feel like I was ready to run 13.1 miles (yet!), so I scaled back to the 5K race.  Regardless, we made a fun family weekend out of trip to Purdue!
I had to pick up my runner's packet at Mackey Arena.
The kids got their first look at it!
Testing out the cushy stadium seats!

My 7 a.m. cheering squad ready to cheer me on.
Some are a little more enthusiastic than others!
I don't like odd numbers, but at least I had a sequence!

I completed the 5K with a time of 32 minutes,
 and a personal best mile of 10.4!
Next up, I'm hoping to do a 10K before the year is over. 
Stay tuned...

No comments: