Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Trash digger or one smart eco-friendly mama?

Today I decided to take about 100 lbs. (ok, not really, but it felt like it) worth of newspaper & catalogs to the recycling. Liddy is helping me throw everything in the bin. As I look into the bin, I see magazines. Lots of magazines! So, I start pulling them out to see the titles. At this point Liddy is reminding me we put things in, but not take them out. Well, I ended up taking home about 10 magazines - Women's Health, Indianapolis Monthly, Southern Living and Traditional Home (never heard of this, but looks good!) So, I was a little ashamed of digging them out, but hey it's free! So, now I have reading material for a few weeks. When I run out, I may have to go back to recycling again. And of course, they'll eventually get recycled...again.

No comments: